Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Big Ticket Purchase

After a long wait, I finally brought home with me 2 boxes from the IT show- one with a MacBook, another with a Mighty Mouse. Nice box eh? I even felt good carrying the box home.


Check out the front and back!


Nice price of S$1588 with a free upgrade to 4GB RAM, but they didn't want to exchange the $68 bundle (a series of protection gear + the upgrade) for a free mouse. Yes, I am poor now. I still can afford to head out to town, but it will take me till next month to recover from my purchase. Thank goodness for the larger birthday ang pows, new year ang pows that I put aside since last year, plus the subsidies for my MacBook from mum and kor as my birthday presents.

I'm mostly on the MacBook now, and seriously, it's an easy switch, other than the first 10 minutes that you keep going,"Huh? How come cannot?" Like most others, apprehensive about getting or even trying a Mac at first, but look for someone who is willing to tell you about it patiently and that does the trick.

I'm a happy MacBook user now, and last night the adapter was trialed and tested. I accidentally pulled the MacBook closer to me before looking at the wires, and the magnetic port came off without stressing any wires or port. Despite switching the MacBook on for 12 hours straight, nothing felt warm, not even the trackpad area or t
he keyboard. Nice ventilation system, Apple. Wonderful stuff.

Nice separated keyboard buttons.


Did I say I love my MacBook? Well, I do. (: