Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Trip to Ipoh

On Friday (6 June), mum, aunt and I went to Ipoh.

It was not really for a holiday,

Shall keep you in suspense for now.

That morning, we took the LRT in Malaysia to Pasar Seni (Central Market),

From the LRT station, it took another 15 minutes walk to the central bus station.

We were taking a 3 hour bus there.

And this is what you get when you walk along KL.

Cars, exhaust, people.
Finally when we got to Pudu Raya bus station,

We had to wait for the platform to be announced.

After some 20 minute wait,

We were supposed to board the bus at platform 9.

Steps of doom, I call it.

If you think taking a bus from Golden Mile is bad,

Well, this is probably 5 times worse.

I survived it nonetheless.

Finally after a 3 and a half hour bus ride, we arrived.

We shopped a bit at The Store in Ipoh,

Ate some vegetarian food,

Had some food at the coffee shop,

Which I only remembered to take pictures of it after I was about to finish my food...

Rested for the day,

And then went for a drink at Old Town later that night.

Yup, a honey lemon drink to ease the heat there!


The next day, there were plans to visit the various caves in Ipoh.

There was one which had monkeys...

One with fishies...

And one that had the best scenery.

It was drizzling a lil' and some rain drops were blowing in,

But it's worth the trip.

And well, guess who?

Well, he's actually an ex-colleague of my mum.

My mum used to be a dental nurse when she was younger,

And this was the assistant doctor at the dental clinic then.

They lost contact for 10+ years and since they managed to find each other,

And mum has not been to Ipoh for 30 years,

And I have not been to Ipoh before,

We decided to make our way there.

Uncle Yee is now the boss of his own vegetarian restaurant and is happily retired.

We had the priviledge of staying at his house, and thus saving on lodging. HAHA.

Well well, looks like a happily family?

Fortunately or unfortunately not.

Tell you something, in a day I saw Uncle Yee change outfits and watches a total of 3 times.

Heard from mum that he used to be really handsome when he was young.

He still is now, for his age. (of 60 = x)

Guess what? He wears ankle socks and Nike shoes.

Just can't imagine that a person at his age would dress up. Heh.

Oh oh, Eunice, my niece also joined us at the caves.

Photos are of courtesy of her.

Yee-HAH!

Good times pass really fast.

The night before we left Ipoh for KL again,

Uncle Yee and his son brought us to this nice chill out place at Moven Peak.

Look at the lightings and atmosphere.

Singapore needs more of such places man.

We were there at 11pm and almost all the tables were filled.

That's Uncle Yee, his wife, my aunt, mum and me.

Really, it was great chatting to these people even though they are of a different generation.

You'll learn something.

And then the next morning was a trip back to KL before I was due home to Singapore on Tuesday.

Haha, I went there zit-less and came back with ZITS.

Another trip to Ipoh?

I wouldn't mind. (: