Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

Do you give a card or a pressie to your beloved daddies on fathers' day?

Or do you complete it with a bear hug and a kiss?

Or perhaps you don't even give a damn about it?

Well, I never knew or took note of what date it falls on,

Much more celebrate or wish someone a happy father's day.

Well, my father is not dead,

Just that there's really nothing much to honour about.

And I mean nothing.

Let's just take one incident that happened after I came back from my pleasure trip.

Now, my coming of age was something special,

Or at least I thought it was.

21 is indeed a special number, isn't it?

There were no birthday wishes, much less a present from my father.

Probably right after he knew the legal age was of use,

He called and actually asked me whether I could help him sponsor someone.

And who is that someone?

And I'm his daughter?

And I should help him sponsor someone and take up another responsibility?

So besides being absent for a long while,

Running away when I was bloody hell looking for a guarantor for my education loan,

Now that I'm of use, it is best used to his advantage?

Maybe I've become wiser over the years,

I get more disappointed each time I talk to him.

Even disgusted by the things he indirectly puts across.

Tell me, if this is what fathers' day is all about,

I'd rather cancel that bloody day off the calendar for good.