Saturday, January 02, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010.

Like previous years, here's a post dedicated to the arrival of a new year, and some reflections of 2009.

2009 saw the end of university-hood, Toastmasters president-ship and the beginning of a career. I was and still am reluctant to say bye to studying for now. It was a time I truly enjoyed what I was doing. Even more scary to know is how quick one year has passed. One year ago, I was just back from Oklahoma City, freezing myself in the wintry cold, shopping at Wal-mart and going to college - A true blue university which is over a century old. Today, I'm working my ass off.

2009 passed by a little too quick for my liking. But that's how life is. When you want something to pass faster, it never passes. When you want something to pass by slower, it rushes you through.

If you are interested in how my love life went by, well, it was really nothing much. One short relationship came and left, with almost no feelings hurt. I hope for something to come by this year though.

I have a piece of paper printed with a dream I always wanted to fulfill on my book shelf. It says to "Get into graduate school by 2011." I don't know if it'll come true. I'm held back by finances. Unless a scholarship comes by, it might not happen so soon. And, I don't know what my career holds for me. Maybe a year later, staying in the job might seem a better opportunity. But one thing I've always wanted to do was to work a couple of years overseas. We'll see how that can work out.

For now, I'm feeling hopeful in the year 2010. It was a good start that I got employed rather quickly since my job-hunt began. Now, more updates as and when I leave work early!