Saturday, September 03, 2011

Topsy Turvy.

I survived my 6 months. Things are changing however. When I was super duper swarmed one week, one of my major projects was diverted to another person while I handled another account. Since then, the new client who didn't exactly get her way does not want to work with me anymore, most probably perhaps I'm "stricter with her", as my boss puts it. We had a conflict the moment she took over the account, and I didn't really give in. Even with new ads, she prefers that my partner-in-crime takes over for "one point of contact". Boss says to let it go and remarked that I should be happy not having to work with her. Told me not to kill myself and participate in other stuff instead. Well, all her other colleagues have the one point of contact - me, except her. Oh well, whatever. Guess I just have to go with the flow, help out with a pitch and learn more stuff.

A copywriter tendered her resignation two weeks ago. Last that I heard today, da boss hasn't found a suitable replacement. There are a few things that can happen:

1. Work is diverted to the other writers.
2. Boss does it himself. (Which he wouldn't have time to vet some tons of ads a day.)
3. Grab someone who has writing experience to help out.

That someone could jolly well be me. I'm a little worried that it would be me. I really don't wanna write anymore, although some copyvetting is still fine, if I'm not busy.

Let's just wait and see. Meanwhile, I have fallen victim to viruses. Runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, body aches. Can't afford a MC in the next 4 weeks - crunch time. How?