Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Long Saturday

The day started in the morning with being "tourist for a day." We visited the Marina Barrage, and damn was it a super duper hot day. If you wanna go there, go only in the evenings or risk being toasted alive in the sun. Well, there's nothing much really, or maybe as Singaporean I don't really feel anything other than the engineering feat.

After a filling Japanese meal, it was a straight 3-hour chill before parting ways since I had to babysit in the evening. The parents warned me about the kids being excited about Earth Hour. Ah, from 6pm, we were just waiting for 8.30pm to come while watching Kungfu Panda on DVD. And when the time came, we switched off everything, armed ourselves with torches, and played hide and seek in the dark.

It has been a long time since I had to crack my brain to find places to hide, squeeze myself under a small coffee table in a crouching position, under a computer table, squatting still behind a potted plant or seeking the kids with a torch and having to think where those two kids could hide. I even had to watch not to breathe too loudly in case I was heard! And boy, we did play an entire hour of hide and seek. It was great fun. Just felt like a kid all over again. Guess what? I'm paid to do so. Ha ha. One of the best hiding places, I just laid down beside the coffee table and they took a long time to spot me! "Ready or not, here I come!"

It's amazing what fun we had without electricity. Ah, I love those children.