Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wedding thoughts

Nope, it does not mean I am thinking of getting married,

But just thoughts after coming home from a wedding dinner,

The typical 9 course chinese dinner... Let's look at the menu first...

1. Double boiled birds' nest with ginseng

2. Variety Combination

3. Superior sharks' fin

4. Roast suckling pig

5. Abalone with sea cucumber

6. Fried scallops

7. Prawns with pineapple sauce + something else

8. Steamed promfet (fish)

9. Dessert: pastries + cakes

Right, I never had such sumptous wedding dinner before,

And I skipped the sharks' fin by the way.

Well, this is my brother's 'brother' wedding dinner,

And his wife's dad is someone with well, some power in public,

That explains the 'wow-ey' dinner.

Anyway, there was an animation and presentation of the couple,

How they met and the earlier tea ceremony.

As I watched it, I started to ponder...

I'm 20 this year, and single and available,

And grappling with issues such as love,

Trying to define it, which is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Nonetheless, it still seems so far for me,

And is marriage really the tomb of love?

Or is it the beginning of another chapter of love?

That's the grappling part.

My brother is getting married end of the year,

I can't help thinking of how married life would be like.

I just can't put down in words exactly how confused I am inside,

But marriage, at least now, seem to be as an joyous occasion.

Before I end, congratulations to the newly weds!