Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reflections For The Day

The day started out pretty nicely, except for the fact that I didn't get enough sleep the night before. But when I was reminded of the pitch, I suddenly felt under-appreciated and demoralized over the entire incident because my effort was not recognized. I managed to get over it, and realize that I have no control over wanting someone to recognize my effort. Then I began to thank for the opportunity to be involved, for this marketing person to like my idea and I'm glad that my idea has the opportunity to be seen worldwide.

Next, a new job came in for me. Tough one because it's full of technical jargon, and it's something totally new. Yet, now I'm more knowledgeable in wireless network solutions, which I'm pretty impressed with myself for being able to grasp the concept so fast.

Today was International Speech & Table Topics Contest at Toastmasters. I kinda regretted not going. But I was put in another situation to understand certain things, and be enlightened by some things.

I shall stop doing something I'm currently doing, because I think it's morally wrong. And hey, I need more time for Toastmasters. My positive energy gets drained by the day. There's only so much you can do, there's only so much I can do to cultivate the habit of being positive everyday. I need that recharge too.