Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Twenty-O-Nine Christmas.

Last year, on Christmas Day, I was at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. This year, it took another turn - I spent it with my relatives in Malaysia. Since work life has taken off, I was working half day on Christmas eve. Hence, the decision to take a plane back...

I took a turbo-prop plane, and I survived. Here's me telling the tale...

I booked a Firefly flight, the community airline managed by Malaysian Airlines.

This is how the plane looks like...


I had to take pictures of it. My second time on a turbo prop plane. I was a tad worried whether it'd be safe. I couldn't sleep the night after I bought my plane ticket online, until I researched a little bit on the type of plane I was going to be on for 1 hour and 10 minutes to reach Malaysia.


I boarded the flight at the budget terminal. Like the rest of the budget airlines, I walked to the plane. You bet the noise from the propeller was horribly loud.


It seemed like I was the first to check-in, so I got the last seat right to the end. Well, you can only get up the plane from the back door, so yeah, first to get in, first to get out too. But last to get drinks. -_-

Seriously, it was very comfortable despite the 76 seater capacity. It had better leg space compared to Tiger Airways. And better crew of course. At least, nicer cabin crew. Oh, and you don't have to pay to check in your luggage, up to a maximum of 20kg's worth.


By the way, the plane can't fly above the clouds like the Boeing's do. So I had the view of the land the entire journey. The weather was good, so no turbulence! I heard that in bad weather conditions, the plane swings right to left!

So I safely arrived... at Subang Skypark - the airport that's much nearer to my relative's house. It just sucked that Malaysia no longer allowed the commercial planes to land at Subang after KLIA opened. But with Firefly flying there, more chances for plane rides!

So this was the amount of presents everyone was giving and receiving.


After a few nights, it was time to go home, though with much reluctance. Here am I back at the Subang Skypark, ready to go back home, to clean toilets as well.


At the departure gate...

Back home now, with a great impression of Firefly. I'm gonna fly on you again. Soon.